Thursday, August 03, 2017

Watercolor Sunday and Saturday's Color: July 2017


If you're anything like me, once you get to August, staring September in the face, you truly feel like it's the end of the year!  But, July really was the proper beginning of the end, so let's go there first.

My Watercolor Sunday posts on Facebook for July 2017:

July 2 (photo manipulation):
"Yesterday I did nothing and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday." --Anonymous

"Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy.  To do nothing and have it count for something."
--Regina Brett

Happy holiday weekend, again, to all my Canadian and American family and friends.


July 9 (photo manipulation):
"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." 
--Rabindranath Tagore


July 16 (photo manipulation):
"Remember:  Rain doesn't need watering." --Efrat Cybulkiewicz

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." --Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


July 23 (photo manipulation):
"I, too, find the flower beautiful in its outward appearance.  
But a deeper beauty lies concealed within."
--Piet Mondrian, Dutch painter (1872-1944)


July 30 (photo manipulation):
"The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there 
and realize it's because of all the manure." --Paul Angone

[And what's with all the cows?????]

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


My Saturday's Color posts on Facebook for July 2017:

(finished 24 April 2017, posted on FB 1 July 2017)
For all my Canadian and American family and friends, may you see lots of "bombastic fireworks"
 over this holiday weekend (July 1 and July 4).  Find time to rest and to stay safe.
(from my 12 x 12 Mandala book)


(finished 8 April 2017, posted on FB 8 July 2017)
Something from my 6 x 6 Mini-Mandala book to remind us that summer is full-blown these days.


(finished 7 July 2017, posted on FB 15 July 2017)
You know I'm going to say it but I can't help it:  the part I love coloring the most on these Stained
 Glass designs is the black leaded lines that hold it all together.


(finished 16 July 2017, posted on FB 22 July 2017)
From a new book called Techellations, I'm discovering that THIS is the kind of coloring design
that thrills me to no end.  Hmmm.  I wonder what that says about me???


(finished 20 July 2017, posted on FB 29 July 2017)
Often after finishing a challenging, complicated design I will opt for a simple, easy-peasy design
like this from my 6 x 6 Mini-Mandala kook.  And notice how I default to my alma mater's colors,
maize and blue (Univ. of Michigan).  :)


It was another month of 5 Saturdays and Sundays, which won't happen again until December.  Does it make summer (and Christmas!) last longer, I wonder?  :)


14 comments:

  1. J'aime beaucoup les aquarelles des photos 1, 2, 4 et 5. Merci de les avoir partagées avec nous Ginnie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to see which images people like, Marie. Merci.

      Delete
  2. When I scroll through this post I like the different colouring very much. The 'technical' colouring I love so much. The stained glass turned out very good and I know how difficult it is to come close to the original. The watercolours are always a joy. These posts are a joy. IHVJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the one who watches me color almost every day, Astrid, and can see the progress. That's part of the fun for me, to share the journey. :)

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy your end of month creativity but especially the cows this month, Ginnie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realized how many cows I had posted until this post, Marie. HA! It gave me a smile. :)

      Delete
  4. That first mandala! I really favor the black backgrounds. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But i LOVE all the cows, my faves of this collection! And the stained glass colouring job you did... i used to do stained glass when i was a computer programmer, it relaxed me then... not now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, then. You've got the cows. And the stained glass...that's an achievement to be proud of, even if it wouldn't relax you now.

      Delete
  6. Love all the color combinations you use. I have taken up coloring again and still the problem of not knowing what colors to combine confound me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, Maria. I confront that with every new design, trying not to use the same colors over and over again. It's definitely a challenge, but thank you for the compliment.

      Delete
  7. Oh...that third one is my fave of this month!! Love that! Gotta get caught up here...Almost back from Oregon! Tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume you mean the third coloring, Robin, of the stained glass. It did please me by the time I was finished with it, so thank you.

      Thank you for catching up. You really are something else. It's been such a joy to follow you on Instagram during this Oregon stint.

      Delete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...