Monday, May 02, 2016

Watercolor Sunday and Saturday's Color: April 2016


May we be ever so surprised, yea shocked, that Merry May is now upon us!  In other words, we are now in the second third of this year, Folks.

But here are my Facebook Watercolor Sundays for April:

April 3 (photo manipulation):

"She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
'Winter is dead.'" 
-- A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young


April 10 (photo manipulation):

"HARBOR, n.  A place where ships taking shelter from the storms
are exposed to the fury of the customs." -- Ambrose Bierce


April 17 (photo manipulation):

"Human history is the history of shoes.  The history of places where we ever tread and stand."
--Stebby Julionatan

[Today is our last full day in Malta before flying early tomorrow morning back to the land of wooden shoes.  As they say, there's no place like home...even though we've thoroughly enjoyed these enchanted Maltese Islands.]


April 24 (photo manipulation):

"Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes."
--P.J. O'Rourke

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My Facebook coloring posts for April:


(finished on 29 March 2016, posted on FB 2 April 2016)
My new favorite coloring book is the Kaleido Color book Astrid gave me for Easter,
with 30 designs on black paper.  Who knew black could be so exciting!


(finished on 12 February 2016, posted on FB 9 April 2016)
From my Mind Body Zen book, this design reminded me of SPRING.


(finished on 20 February 2016, posted on FB 16 April 2016)
It must have been the brilliant sunset we saw here in Malta last evening
that made me choose this Mind Body Zen design.


(finished on 22 April 2016, posted on FB 23 April 2016)
From my new Art Deco book, I'm calling this "New York, New York:  The City that never sleeps"
...in time to say good-bye to the political hysteria there this week.


(finished on 16 February 2013, posted on FB 30 April 2016)
Sometimes I have absolutely no clue what's going on.  Do you?
(from my Viking Colouring Book)


12 comments:

  1. It is always great to see the whole collection together. I know it gives you so much joy and you are so good at it... IHVJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, as always, MLMA. One reason I do this each month is so I can remember what I've posted. HA! I've also started renaming files with 'DONE' in the names, so that I don't reuse them. It all helps. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the colours, the variety and the work. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Marie. It helps me keep track of them all. :)

      Delete
  3. Love all! My favorite coloring is the one you finished Feb. 12! I could see those colors in a quilt for sure. Just gorgeous choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun (and often surprising) to find out what best choices followers make, Ruth. Thank you, as always, for following this creative journey!

      Delete
  4. Of course you know I adore the Art Deco NYC one...but I really love the Harbor...something about that one...the colors...just touches my heart! All are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I just told Ruth, it's always fun (and often surprising) to find out what best choices followers make. Thank you, as always, Robin, for following this creative journey!

      Delete
  5. OMG Ginnie, I LOOOOOOVE your coloring projects. They are awesome. To say that I admire your color combinations and that I am a fan of whatever you do is an understatement. Keep on coloring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To have your Vote of Confidence like this makes me downright thrilled, Maria. HA! I love it. So, when are YOU gonna start coloring???

      Delete
  6. Oh Ginnie these are a feast for my eyes...such color and life in each one!

    ReplyDelete

Den Bosch, NL, With Our New iPhone 15 Pro Maxes

  Believe it or not, it was a month ago that I posted about our new iPhone 15 Pro Maxes, the gifts Astrid and I received from Sander's ...